Artist Thread Vol 2



Been a while since I posted anything partly due to work and partly due to lack of motivation, but I am back and this section is the right place to discuss a few tracks that I found were worth mention. 

A favourite youtuber of mine described music to be of two types - One that you 'listen to' i.e. music which causes you to pay attention, whether its the instruments, or the lyrics or the voice. You listen and devote most of your focus to the track playing. 

The other is music you 'listen with' i.e. music ambient enough to accompany any other task that you maybe be doing and act as a catalyst to maintain focus on that task. That doesn't necessarily mean its bad music. 

As a matter of fact I find the second category to be more personal than the first. While the first usually maybe music you can share with people and 'listen' together, the second is not necessarily thus. Different people have different thresholds for what they consider ambient music and can help them focus and this selection of tracks is thus more personal to the listener than general. 

So for this week's volume we will be featuring two artists. 

MERK & KREMONT

By my earlier classification this will fall under songs that you 'listen to'. Most of it is due to it being a music video. 




I'll be honest with you, the song's thumbnail is a pure example of what clickbait looks like. But inside its all about the aesthetics. There was this 9gag video of a girl on a longboard which blew up literally overnight and went viral. And guess what she is here too, her smooth longboarding does seem to go along with any smooth music. And this isn't that different. Nevertheless I do think a lot of people will like mainstream music like this. Personally, I think the duo will be more of a one hit wonder, and going through the rest of their music, I didn't find anything that I could recommend anyways. 



Gaujy

The second artist for the feature this week is a Frenchman who goes by the handle Gaujy. I came across this artist months back and I have continued to enjoy the relaxed tone of his music. Clearly, this falls within the second category of music to 'listen with'. 

'Quiet lake' was one of the first tracks that I listened to and is a great place to start navigating his music. 






This is a great track to listen to if you're working, in fact I am playing this will typing the current article.  Go through his sound cloud, I am sure you will enjoy it. 

Comments

Recommended read

Popular Posts